- This event has passed.
1/11 3-Week Group Cleanse
January 11 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$375
Start the year off right with a 3-week Optimal Health Cleanse!
After the holidays, we feel a bit heavier and more lethargic. To put it simply, we eat more of the wrong types of foods and move less. January is a time to set new goals and intentions for the New Year, so what better way to begin than by clearing your mind and cleaning out your body!
Join us at Be The Change for a 3-week cleanse towards optimal health. We’re all in this together, so a group cleanse provides a strong sense of support, accountability and thus improves motivation and success.
We are what we eat. The quality of the food we put into our bodies, directly relates to the quality of our tissues. Yoga refers to the physical body, as the “food body”. When we eat processed or unhealthy foods, it taxes our bodies energetic reserves, weakens our immune system and creates waste and blockages in our digestive, cardiovascular, respiratory and energetic systems, leading to chronic disease.
When we nourish our bodies with high quality foods and give the digestive system a break through fasting, all of the systems in our bodies improve and we can move into a state of optimal health. Throughout this 3-week cleanse, you will learn more about high-quality nutrition practices, detoxification techniques, Yoga tools to improve digestion and elimination, how to manage stress and ultimately sustain long-term positive health behaviors.
This 3-week cleanse includes:
- 3 BTC Health Club Meetings
- 3 Educational Yoga Therapy classes during the Health Club Meetings
- Optimal Health lectures, handouts, personal journal and educational materials
- Yoga Therapy, Positive Psychology and Public Health practices to improve physical, mental, emotional and energetic wellbeing
- 5-day Smart Pressed Juice Cleanse
- 30 days of Unlimited Yoga at Be The Change Yoga
- Support, friendships, community and accountability to foster positive change
- A whole new You!
Week 1 Health Club Meeting: Wednesday 1/11/17 6:00-8:00pm
CLASS: Our first class will meet on Wednesday January 11th and will be lead by Katie Allen. She will provide an overview of the cleanse as well as a lead a lecture on the environmental conditions that we are currently experiencing, that have contributed to our chronic disease epidemic and the tools we can employ to take better care of ourselves from a Public Health and Yoga perspective. This class will also include an hour-long all-levels Yoga practice.
FOCUS: The first week will focus on reducing or removing inflammatory foods from our diets; which include sugar, alcohol, meat, caffeine and fried foods. You can customize this portion as you see fit, according to your unique needs or advice from your healthcare provider.
YOGA: 30 days of Unlimited Yoga is included in the price of the cleanse, so we encourage our students to take at least 2 classes per week. Movement improves circulation, digestion and makes us feel more connected to our bodies, leading to improved health decisions.
Week 2 Health Club Meeting: Wednesday 1/18/17 6:00-8:00pm
CLASS: Our second meeting will meet on Wednesday January 18th and will be lead by Alexandra Boggio. She will be presenting on holistic nutrition practices and how to reverse chronic conditions with diet and lifestyle management programs. This class will also include an hour-long all-levels Yoga practice.
FOCUS: The second week will include a 5-day juice Smart Pressed Juice cleanse. We LOVE this cleanse for a few reasons:
- #1 Its not just juice, the daily plan includes 2 protein shakes, 1 fiber shake and a healthy lunch.
- #2 It has the lowest amount of sugar than any other juice cleanse!
- #3 Its all organic, so there are no pesticides.
- #4 You don’t have to keep the juices refrigerated because they are in powdered form; which makes it easier to travel with throughout the day.
- #5 There are extra portions left after you complete the 5-day cleanse that you can use to lighten up your diet and increase your nutrients in the future.
YOGA: During the week of the cleanse, we recommend taking more gentle or restorative Yoga classes. It’s important to move slower and exert less physical energy when reducing food consumption to optimize internal healing processes.
Week 3 Health Club Meeting: Wednesday 1/25/17 6:00-8:00pm
CLASS: Our third meeting will meet on Wednesday January 25th and will be lead by Allison Martin Prince. Each class will begin with a check-in to share personal experiences and best practices. The lecture topic will focus on how to develop and maintain long-term practices with regards to nutrition, stress and physical activity. This class will also include an hour-long all-levels Yoga practice.
FOCUS: After we all feel great from our Smart Pressed Juice Cleanse, we will introduce a healthy meal plan back into our diets and employ the tool of bhavana (positive visualization) to help us set goals and sustain positive practices as we move forward in 2017.
YOGA: During the final week of the cleanse, the focus is on building strength in our physical Yoga practice, as well as employing the benefits of twisting movements and breathwork to assist in detoxification process.
- $325 cleanse with the Health Club Meetings (student already has an existing Unlimited Yoga Membership)
- $375 cleanse with the Health Club Meetings and an includes a 30-day Unlimited Yoga Membership
- $175 a la carte Smart Pressed Juice cleanse (does not include meetings or Yoga)