7/20 & 7/27 Chair Yoga Training
July 20 @ 6:00 pm - July 22 @ 5:00 pm$550
This Workshop is for Yoga Teachers
Learn Lakshmi Voelker’s accessible path to fitness through her blend of breathing techniques, modified Yoga postures, and other Eastern and Western holistic practices. With your Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga™ certification, you will gain the necessary skills to guide your students to improved health and well-being.
- Teach a one-hour accessible chair yoga class
- Choose appropriate postures and breathing techniques according to individual needs
- Discern levels of flexibility and identify precautions and contraindications
- Use light weights in chair poses to build bone and muscle mass
- Understand anatomy and alignment for chair asanas
- Incorporate meditation, relaxation, and breathing techniques to improve health and well-being.
- $550 pre-registration before 7/13
- $600 regular pricing
- 2 Weekends: 7/20, 7/21, 7/22 & 7/27, 7/28, 7/29
Lakshmi Voelker-Binder, YT, E-RYT 500, KYTA, YA, IAYT is a certified Kripalu Yoga instructor, a member of the Yoga Alliance and International Association of Yoga Therapists, and holder of other certifications. She has dedicated her life to creating accessible paths to wellness. By creating chair yoga, she was able bring adaptive fitness and exercise programs to those who could not benefit from traditional methods of physical activity due to age or limiting physical condition.
She created Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga™ in 1982 when one of her thirty-something students was stricken with arthritis and could no longer get down on the floor to practice Yoga. In 1999, she authored and produced her widely acclaimed “Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga: The Sitting Mountain Series” CD/cassette. She has studied, practiced, and taught Yoga and other Eastern disciplines since 1969. From her early years, she integrated these disciplines with Western health concepts. Her focus has always been to improve her students’ health and wellness by making the integration of these disciplines accessible to the broadest audience possible.