12/18 Sleep You’ve Only Dreamt Of
December 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$30
Transform Your Sleep, Transform Your Life
Over 70 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders. Approximately 10 million people in the U.S. use prescription sleep aids, estimating $15.9 billion is spent in national health care costs. Since there is no one solution for all sleep issues a holistic approach is recommended through Purna Yoga.
In this workshop you will understand:
- How the wave length of blue light disturbs sleep patterns.
- How production of melatonin can be enhanced through diet, and an asana and pranayama practice.
- How the color of your bedroom, your bed sheets and the quality of the air around you affects your sleep.
You will learn:
- Techniques to create the right thoughts before you go to sleep.
- Asana poses that help to alleviate worry and fear.
- Pranayama techniques to diminish stress and enhance the parasympathetic response.
- Monday, December 18th
- 7:00-9:00 pm
- $30 pre-registration / $35 day of class
Dr. Allison MacLennan is a board certified orthopaedic hand surgeon and Certified Purna Yoga