- This event has passed.
10/26 & 10/27 Tools and Techniques for Teaching Students with Injuries
October 26 @ 12:30 pm - October 27 @ 5:45 pm$299
For Yoga Teachers: October 26-27th, 2019
This weekend will offer you a deeper understanding for teachers on the yoga therapy path supporting and instructing students with an injury. You will not only achieve more confidence utilizing yoga and breath exercises for students with presenting problems, but also embrace skillfully your responsibilities to balance stabilization with strength and safety techniques, taking away knowledge for every student’s unique challenge. Tools and Techniques for Teaching Students with Injuries will ignite a spark of inspiration, to receive and integrate remedies balanced with solutions to better serve students in group and individual settings.
Please call the studio to pre-register (714) 417-9834. If trainees are enrolling in the entire 300hr Yoga Teacher Training Program, they will receive pre-registration pricing.
This workshop will include:
- Yoga Therapy Practice with Pranayam for Instructors
- An active discussion about most frequently seen injuries in a yoga room
- Pain, stress and the Autonomic Nervous System
- An introduction to assessment tools (Pancha Maya Kosha Model, the Gunas, and Active Listening Techniques)
- How to teach students presenting with feet, ankles, knees and hip injuries; contraindications and modifications
- How to teach students presenting with neck, shoulders, elbows and wrists injuries; contraindications and modifications
- How to teach students presenting with back and spine injuries; contraindications and modification
- Saturday October 26th – 12:30 – 6:30 pm
- SundayOctober 27th – 12:00 – 5:45 pm
- $299, included in 300 HR Autopay
- This course qualifies for 10 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance for registered yoga teachers
Megan McCarver’s advance trainings are comprised of a Master’s Degree in Marriage Family Counseling, Completion of Yoga Therapy Rx, a Certification from YogaWorks, E-RYT-500 Yoga Alliance, and over 1008 hours of Formal Yoga Teacher Trainings and Self Care.
Her advanced yoga education and experience in teaching Wellness and Yoga for Pain Management offers her talents to customize a program for the patients individualized goals. Megan co-founded Santa Monica Yoga in California in 1993 and is currently teaching here at Be the Change and at YogaWorks in Mission Viejo, CA. In addition, she is the Wellness Consultant at Orange County Pain and Wellness as well as seeing patients privately at the Ayurvedic Garage in San Juan Capistrano.
See more at: www.meganmccarver.com