Online or In Person Training Option!
$300 off Early Bird Discount by December 13th!
Next Training Begins January 27th, 2021!
Our Yoga Therapist Training is one of only 45 IAYT accredited programs in the US, and it all starts here.
This 200hr training provides the foundations of yoga therapy, where you will learn to think critically and carefully adapt practices to meet the needs of individual students.
Wednesday, 12/9 6:00 pm PST and Sunday, 1/10 12:30 pm PST
In-studio or Zoom options
Why train with us?
100% Online Option
We are excited to announce a virtual training option for our Fall 2020 training!
All of our teacher training faculty members are Yoga Therapists and have received over 1000 hours of training.
Monthly autopay includes Be The Change studio membership (in-person as well as virtual studio).
You will not memorize one set sequence but learn to how adapt practices to meet the needs of your students.
Our studio is home to Orange County’s first and only yoga therapist training. This lens is carried through all levels of our training programs.
Our program is strongly rooted in the philosophical foundations of the yoga sutras, coupled with a modern public health perspective.
Train with the Best.
Teaching, training and living Yoga is what we do. All of our trainers work full-time in the yoga and integrative wellness industries.
Years of Leading Teacher Trainings
Number of Graduates
Levels of Training Offered
Hours of Training Provided
Who is this training for?
Students take the teacher training programs for different reasons:
- For their own personal growth and development
- To share this wisdom with family and friends
- To integrate these teachings into an existing career
- To develop a career as a Yoga teacher
Already Taken a 200hr YTT?
Take our 200hr Training at a discounted rate of $1950!
Perhaps you learned a set sequence in your 200hr training and are curious about how to customize practices to meet the needs of the students who are in front of you. Or maybe you’d like to take a deeper dive into the philosophy of Yoga and learn how to integrate into your life. We’d love to have you join us to advance your teachings, personal practice, and career, preparing you to teach in a wide variety of settings!
- In-depth Yoga Sutras Study
- Safe Sequencing for Every BODY
- Confidence in Teaching
200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Whether you want to deepen your personal practice or share your love of Yoga with others, this program will undoubtedly enrich your life. Our 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified course will prepare you to teach students of all levels and backgrounds in a group class or private setting, as well as provide the tools to develop a thriving Yoga career. In our 200 hour training, you will gain a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, teaching techniques, yoga philosophy and the ability to adapt yogic practices to specific groups.
From Our Graduates
We take great pride in not only training highly skilled yoga therapists but building a life-long, supportive community to advance their integrative medicine careers!
“The 200 hour teacher training at Be The Change is a life changing experience. Yes, you learn about postures, breathing techniques, and philosophy – but the real magic comes from how much you learn about yourself. It pushed me to think in new ways, reflect on habits that were no longer serving me, and find more joy and balance through practice and self study. The teachers are wonderful and the content is thorough and well rounded.”
“I found Be the Change, and received exactly what I wished to experience. The space is beautiful, warmly welcoming, and full of local charm. The owners, Allison and Katie, are so pure of heart and clear of vision, what they have grown is truly a spiritual experience. My 200hr YTT program was amazing, and I left feeling prepared to teach, unlike most of the recently-trained-elsewhere yogis I had spoken with over the years. They truly set me up for success, and I love returning to the studio and seeing classmates, teachers, and mentors on a weekly basis. I have truly found my community.”
“I am so grateful that I was able to experience the 200 hour yoga teacher training at Be The Change. It was such an amazing experience in a positive and welcoming community. I learned so much from the training can’t wait to continue my knowledge in yoga at Be The Change and study Yoga Therapy! “
“My experience in the 200hr teacher training was truly transformational. I not only learned how to safely provide yoga for every body, but I learned that yoga is so much more than a physical practice. With the extensive wisdom that yoga philosophy offers us I was able to grow by diving deeper into my own habits and relationships. Through the loving support of the amazing teachers and other students I was able to build the confidence to go out and share this knowledge with others.”
“Through the YTT program, classes and other events at the studio, I have made memories and friends for life. I have found a community. Every day, I cherish these experiences. I am thankful for the deep connection I have found to my body, mind and breath. This experience has taught me how inherently intelligent our hearts are – if we just give them the time of the day to listen. All the wisdom we need is accessible within. So set an intention to listen to your heart every day. And I mean REALLY listen. Then reflect upon that inner wisdom and use it for making good choices and taking action. Make requests. Because if you don’t listen to your heart and body, eventually you will get ill, stressed and overwhelmed.”
Course Topics Include
Our training meets every Wednesday night from 6:00-9:00pm for 16 weeks. These classes are Weekday Lecture Meetings.
Our training also meets two weekends per month: Saturday 12:30-5:30pm and Sunday 12:30-5:30pm. There are 8 total Weekend Intensives.
In addition, trainees will be placed with a mentor for 16 weeks. Interning and teaching portions of each class to gain firsthand experience.
Have a Question?
Once accepted, to confirm your place in the training either purchase the Registration Fee for $650 and then enroll in our payment plan for remaining tuition of $575 per month for 4 months. Or you can pay the tuition in full for $2850 and receive $100 off.
For students who register before August 10th, they will receive the early bird discount; which will be deducted from the last month’s autopay schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Allison Prince ERYT-500, CMT is a co-founder of Be The Change Yoga and is the Director of The 200 hour Teacher Training Program. Allison has a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology and is a Certified Massage Therapist. She completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in 2003 with Cloud Nine Yoga and her 500-hour certification in 2009. Her classes combine the strength and focus of an upper-level practice, while bringing in the more subtle aspects of yoga such as meditation and reflection. She also completed a 200-hour Kundalini training, focusing on the energetic aspects of Yoga. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Training Programs since 2010.
Katie Allen MPH, CYT, ERYT-500 is a co-founder of Be The Change Yoga. Her background is in Public Health, primarily in chronic disease prevention and treatment using holistic therapies. Katie is a Yoga Therapist who works with clients with specific health issues, such as cancer, anxiety, addiction musculoskeletal ailments etc. She also teaches group classes for students of all-levels. She received her Yoga Therapy training at LMU and has continued her Yogic studies with Robert Birnberg since 2009. She also spent a month at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram in Chennai India for an in-depth study on the Yoga Sutras. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Training Programs since 2010.
Ashley Arroliga, C-IAYT, RYT-500, is on the management team of Be the Change Yoga. She completed her 200 HR, 300 HR, and Yoga Therapist trainings here beginning in 2015, and views yoga as a healing art. Ashley has a Bachelor’s in Psychology from Thomas Edison State University, and loves combining this background with the Yoga Sutras in practice. Ashley teaches all levels of yoga, from therapeutic practices to intermediate vinyasa and hatha flow classes. She specializes in yoga for anxiety and stress management, has designed programs for first responders, children, and seniors, and is passionate about working with pregnant mothers. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Training Programs since 2016.
Building a Career
We’ve seen a lot of success with our graduates implementing their Yoga teachings into existing careers as psychologists, social workers, managers, nutritionists, medical doctors and corporate executives.
For those looking to develop a full-time Yoga career, our primary advice is to start slow and gain experience. Becoming a confident and skilled teacher takes time. We advise our 200-hour graduates to start teaching anywhere and everybody: community centers, senior centers, gyms, schools, corporations, small or new yoga studios to gain experience. We pride ourselves in teaching adaptations of all Yogic practices to our 200-hour students, providing them with the discernment to modify Yoga practices according to the needs of the individual or group. We’ve seen our 200-hour graduates find jobs working at chiropractic offices or alongside acupuncturists. We also have had graduates open their own studios and pursue careers as Yoga Therapists; which makes us very proud!
To become a Registered Yoga Teacher you have to complete all 200 hours. This includes all weekday lectures and weekend intensives, weekly readings and homework assignments, as well as a mentorship for the duration of the course.
Students are allowed to miss 1 Weekday Lecture Meeting class without having to make it up. For any additional content missed (which may include Asana Intensives and/or Weekday Lecture Meetings) must be made up privately, in which case you may incur additional fees. However the make-up sessions usually require half the amount of time of the regular class. If you are not in a hurry to receive your certification, you can make up the classes the next time we offer the 200hr Certification Program.
- Anatomy / Physiology: Understanding basic anatomy, terms of movement, body mechanics through the lens of Yoga
- Teaching Techniques: Every class students will teach each other in small groups to develop their voice and increase confidence. Our course also includes a mentorship, where the student observes and teaches in the same class every week for 16 weeks.
- Yoga Philosophy: The Yoga Sutras is the source text of Yoga and is the backbone of this course. The aim of Yoga is to create a calm, clear, stable mind that perceives the world clearly and makes good choices that leads to improved health and wellbeing.
- Yoga Therapy: Basic understanding of how to modify practices for clients with specific health issues / contraindications
- Sequencing: How to move the body safely and create a multi-layered practice in a group class setting
- Teaching to Specific Groups: Beginners, Children, Adolescents, Seniors, Students dealing with Addiction
- The Energetic Body: The Chakras, Understanding of Prana and Pranayama, Meditation, Mudras and Teaching Techniques
- Positive Psychology: The Science of Human Flourishing – evidence-based research of time-tested Yoga practices
- The Business of Yoga: Venues, Marketing, Career Opportunities, Developing a Private Practice
- Cleansing / Detoxification: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Ailments
- Ayurveda: The Sister Science of Yoga
- Meditation: Experiencing and teaching various types of mediation; which include guided visualizations, breath awareness meditations, mantra meditation, kirtan and many others
This course is open to practitioners of all levels who have a genuine desire to deepen their understanding of Yoga. We recommend that you have a minimum of 1-2 years of regular steady Yoga practice and are familiar with basic Yoga postures. You don’t have to have an advanced practice (being able to do headstands or arm balances) because as a Yoga teacher you will teach your students what you personally practice; whether it is gentle, restorative, vinyasa flow or life skills off the mat. Whether you aspire to become a Yoga teacher or simply want to learn more about Yoga, this is a program that will undoubtedly open your heart and move you forward on this path of transformation.
Future of Yoga
As Yoga becomes increasingly popular and more Yoga teachers enter the market, competition for Yoga studio classes will go up. We want all Yoga teachers to be able to develop successful and sustainable careers, taking care of themselves while dedicating their lives to these teachings. As Yoga Therapy emerges as the anecdote to our modern chronic disease epidemic, we will need highly trained Yoga teachers to meet the demands; which is why we focus on customized practices at every level of our trainings verses a one-size-fits-all Yoga routine; which creates a group fitness class model, limits employment opportunities and often times compromises the safety of the students.
To be completely honest, we’ve had quite a few teachers come to Be The Change and retake their 200-hour training with us because they only learned one set sequence from their first 200-hour training and were not provided the tools to adapt Yoga practices to varying levels of students.
Yoga Therapy is the new Yoga frontier and we are honored to lead the way by offering Orange County’s first Yoga Therapist Training Program. We not only seek to train Yoga teachers to work with various health conditions and essentially become wellness coaches but our priority is to empower them with the tools, programs, referral network to create successful careers and spread these teachings, making them readily available in hospitals, wellness centers, universities and treatment centers.
Each student will be paired with a mentor, who is a current teacher at Be The Change Yoga. The student is responsible for attending his/her mentor’s class each week for 16 weeks and learning firsthand from his/her mentor. Initially the student will be observing the class and taking notes but throughout the duration of the course, the student will gain practical experience, teaching various aspects of the class.
*If it is not your intention to become a Registered Yoga Instructor and are taking this program for your own personal practice, then the mentorship is not required.
Course tuition is $2950. Tuition includes 4 months of unlimited yoga at Be The Change.
Tuition consists of a $650 non-refundable registration fee to confirm your space. The remaining balance can be broken down into four monthly payments. If you pay the tuition in full, you will receive $100 off the total tuition price at the time of paid registration fee or the first day of class.
Please fill out an application first. We will review your application and then contact you. Upon acceptance, you can pay the registration fee.
- The school must refund all money paid if the applicant is not accepted. This includes instances when a starting class is canceled by the school.
- The school must refund all money paid minus the $650 registration fee if the applicant cancels within five business days (excluding Sundays and holidays) after the day the contract is signed or an initial payment is made, as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- If training is terminated by the trainee after the trainee enters classes, the school may retain the registration fee and all monthly tuition payments received until the date the trainee officially notifies Be The Change Yoga in writing that he / she will be withdrawing from the course.
- If training is terminated by the trainee after the trainee enters classes and has paid tuition in full, the school may retain the registration fee and all monthly tuition payments received until the date the trainee officially notifies Be The Change Yoga in writing that he / she will be withdrawing from the course. Any monthly tuition payments that have not yet been applied, can be refunded to trainee or used as credit for future 200hr trainings, minus a $200 administrative fee.
- If trainee withdraws from the 200hr training and seeks to re-enroll in a future 200hr YTT training at a later date, a $200 administrative fee will be required.
What Style of Yoga do we Teach?
SAFE – CREATIVE – LIFE CHANGING YOGA. We teach a mindful breath-centered flow practice that blends Vinyasa flow and therapeutic Viniyoga (moving in and out of postures before holding). We believe a Yoga practice should always be adapted to suit the needs of the student (s) and modifications should always be offered in a group class. We place a strong emphasis on safe and creative sequencing and taking time to prepare the body for deeper / advanced postures. We highly value the spiritual and philosophical aspects of Yoga and incorporate deeper meaning and intention into every practice. Students will gain experience in all levels of yoga from Restorative and Beginners to Power and advanced postures.
What Will You Gain From This Training?
- A deep understanding of Yogic philosophy and how to apply it to daily life.
- Tools for self-care including: cleansing/detoxification practices, nutritional guidelines, breath work, meditation, visualization etc.
- Tools to improve your relationships.
- Numerous practices to focus the mind; which in turn cultivates mental clarity and leads to positive decision-making skills.
- A strong understanding of Yoga anatomy, alignment and physiology.
- Learn how to craft safe and creative Yoga sequences.
- The ability to teach Yoga practices to students of all levels.
- The joy of sharing what you’ve learned with the people in your life.
Yoga as a Way of Life
We understand that Yoga is much more than just a physical practice. Yoga is a way of life and it is a practice of awareness. By becoming more aware of how we interact with the world, we can consciously create practices that help us to create the lives we desire. Thus Yoga is a practice of self-reflection and self-refinement. On the Yoga mat, we create new practices to improve our neuromuscular patterning and improve physical, mental and emotional health. Over time, we learn to take this awareness off the mat and consciously improve many other aspects of our lives. Such as: our relationships with friends and family, our methods of communication, our relationship with food, our careers etc, so that we can create happy, healthy and balanced lives.