As of this moment 54 million Americans have low bone density and 1 in every 2 women,1 in every 4 men over the age of 50 will experience a fracture due to bone loss. Be The Change Yoga is committed to bringing our community high quality yoga therapy tools so we can become stronger and healthier as we age. Dr. Loren Fishman. M.D., did a study over a 10 year period that demonstrated significant results showing yoga as a tool to help increase bone density. His research was presented in Geriatric Rehabilitation and also mentioned in Harvard Women’s Health Letter, New York Times and NPR.
We are honored to host Susan Kjesbo who is a Loren Fishman method certified instructor. She will be hosting monthly bone strength classes and workshops at Be The Change Yoga. By offering these classes once a month we hope to assist you in developing a safe and more effective yoga practice for bone health.
Levels of Participation
1. Bone Strength Class – 1.5 hour class offered every other month.
- 1:00 – 2:30pm $20 early bird / $25 day of
2. Bone Strength Workshop – 2 hour lecture + class offered every other month.
- 1:00 – 3:00pm $40 early bird / $50 day of
- If enrolled in the study, you can attend the class portion of the workshop from 1:45-3:00pm for $10
3. Participate in Dr. Loren Fishman’s Study
- Receive all classes and workshops for $10 a class with a 2-year commitment. Contact Susan Kjesbo to enroll firstname.lastname@example.org
2/18 Workshop – 1:00pm
3/18 Class – 1:00pm
4/8 Workshop – 1:00pm
5/20 Class – 1:00pm
6/26 Workshop – 7:00pm
7/22 Class – 1:00pm
8/12 Workshop – 1:00pm
9/9 Class – 1:00pm
10/7 Workshop – 1:00pm
11/11 Class- 1:00pm
12/9 Workshop – 1:00pm
Susan Kjesbo is a Therapeutic yoga teacher focusing on the healing aspects of yoga, she works to help her students connect the mind, body and spirit by creating a compassionate environment during class. Yoga for bone strength and reducing stress are two of her specialities. She has trained with Loren Fishman and is currently participating in the International Study, Yoga vs. Osteoporosis being conducted by Loren Fishman. www.susankjesbo.com