- This event has passed.
12/18 Sleep You’ve Only Dreamt Of
December 18, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$30
Transform Your Sleep, Transform Your Life
Over 70 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders. Approximately 10 million people in the U.S. use prescription sleep aids, estimating $15.9 billion is spent in national health care costs. Since there is no one solution for all sleep issues a holistic approach is recommended through Purna Yoga. Please bring a notebook and pen for notes!
In this workshop you will understand:
- How the wave length of blue light disturbs sleep patterns.
- How production of melatonin can be enhanced through diet, and an asana and pranayama practice.
- How the color of your bedroom, your bed sheets and the quality of the air around you affects your sleep.
You will learn:
- Techniques to create the right thoughts before you go to sleep.
- Asana poses that help to alleviate worry and fear.
- Pranayama techniques to diminish stress and enhance the parasympathetic response.
- Monday, December 18th
- 7:00-9:00 pm
- $30 pre-registration / $35 day of class
Dr. Allison MacLennan is a board certified orthopaedic hand surgeon and Certified Purna Yoga teacher at the 500 hour level (RYT-500). She is currently enrolled in the College of Purna Yoga’s 2,000 hour teacher training program in Bellevue, Washington and has studied extensively with Aadil Palkhivala, the “teacher of teachers,” and meditation master, Savitri. Dr. MacLennan has taught yoga and meditation in Southern California since 2015, including Orange County and Los Angeles. She has also taught in the greater Seattle area and throughout Europe, including Norway, Austria, and Scotland. She has lectured and led workshops on yoga, health, wellness, and orthopaedic surgery since 2002.