4 Month Unlimited Yoga Membership
All teacher training students receive a complimentary yoga membership while enrolled in our training programs.
Early Bird Pricing
$300 off total tuition before December 6th
Have a Question?
We teach a mindful breath-centered flow practice that blends Vinyasa flow and therapeutic Viniyoga (moving in and out of postures before holding). We believe a Yoga practice should always be adapted to suit the needs of the student (s) and modifications should always be offered in a group class.
We place a strong emphasis on safe and creative sequencing and taking time to prepare the body for deeper / advanced postures and highly value the spiritual and philosophical aspects of Yoga and incorporate deeper meaning and intention into every practice.
200hr Yoga Teacher TrainingWhether you want to deepen your personal practice or share your love of Yoga with others, this program will undoubtedly enrich your life. Our 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified course will prepare you to teach students of all levels and backgrounds in a group class or private setting, as well as provide the tools to develop a thriving Yoga career. In our 200 hour training, you will gain a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology, teaching techniques, yoga philosophy and the ability to adapt yogic practices to specific groups.
As more people are personally discovering the life-changing benefits of Yoga, many have decided to take a huge step forward and commit their time, energy and resources to understanding the depth of these practices in a teacher training program. Students take the teacher training programs for different reasons:
- For their own personal growth and development
- To share this wisdom with family and friends
- To integrate these teachings into an existing career
- To develop a career as a Yoga teacher
If you attend a Teacher Training Program with a highly qualified teacher, your life is guaranteed to change positively because that’s what Yoga provides; tools for self-care to improve physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual health, as well as relationships and lifestyle. We can also guarantee that these teachings will spill out of you and you will find yourself instructing family, friends and colleagues to breathe deeper, slow down, sit up straighter and spend time pursuing joyful activities.
Course Topics Include
Our training meets every Wednesday night from 6:00-9:00pm for 16 weeks. These classes are Weekday Lecture Meetings.
Our training also meets two weekends per month: Saturday 12:30-5:30pm and Sunday 12:15-5:15pm. There are 8 total Weekend Intensives.
In addition, trainees will be placed with a mentor for 16 weeks. Interning and teaching portions of each class to gain firsthand experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Allison Prince ERYT-500, CMT is a co-founder of Be The Change Yoga and is the Director of The 200 hour Teacher Training Program. Allison has a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology and is a Certified Massage Therapist. She completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in 2003 with Cloud Nine Yoga and her 500-hour certification in 2009. Her classes combine the strength and focus of an upper-level practice, while bringing in the more subtle aspects of yoga such as meditation and reflection. She also completed a 200-hour Kundalini training, focusing on the energetic aspects of Yoga. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Training Programs since 2010.
Katie Allen MPH, CYT, ERYT-500 is a co-founder of Be The Change Yoga. Her background is in Public Health, primarily in chronic disease prevention and treatment using holistic therapies. Katie is a Yoga Therapist who works with clients with specific health issues, such as cancer, anxiety, addiction musculoskeletal ailments etc. She also teaches group classes for students of all-levels. She received her Yoga Therapy training at LMU and has continued her Yogic studies with Robert Birnberg since 2009. She also spent a month at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram in Chennai India for an in-depth study on the Yoga Sutras. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Training Programs since 2010.
Ashley Arroliga, C-IAYT, RYT-500, is on the management team of Be the Change Yoga. She completed her 200 HR, 300 HR, and Yoga Therapist trainings here beginning in 2015, and views yoga as a healing art. Ashley has a Bachelor’s in Psychology from Thomas Edison State University, and loves combining this background with the Yoga Sutras in practice. Ashley teaches all levels of yoga, from therapeutic practices to intermediate vinyasa and hatha flow classes. She specializes in yoga for anxiety and stress management, has designed programs for first responders, children, and seniors, and is passionate about working with pregnant mothers. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Training Programs since 2016.
Building a Career
We’ve seen a lot of success with our graduates implementing their Yoga teachings into existing careers as psychologists, social workers, managers, nutritionists, medical doctors and corporate executives.
For those looking to develop a full-time Yoga career, our primary advice is to start slow and gain experience. Becoming a confident and skilled teacher takes time. We advise our 200-hour graduates to start teaching anywhere and everybody: community centers, senior centers, gyms, schools, corporations, small or new yoga studios to gain experience. We pride ourselves in teaching adaptations of all Yogic practices to our 200-hour students, providing them with the discernment to modify Yoga practices according to the needs of the individual or group. We’ve seen our 200-hour graduates find jobs working at chiropractic offices or alongside acupuncturists. We also have had graduates open their own studios and pursue careers as Yoga Therapists; which makes us very proud!
To become a Registered Yoga Teacher you have to complete all 200 hours. This includes all weekday lectures and weekend intensives, weekly readings and homework assignments, as well as a mentorship for the duration of the course.
Students are allowed to miss 1 Weekday Lecture Meeting class without having to make it up. For any additional content missed (which may include Asana Intensives and/or Weekday Lecture Meetings) must be made up privately, in which case you may incur additional fees. However the make-up sessions usually require half the amount of time of the regular class. If you are not in a hurry to receive your certification, you can make up the classes the next time we offer the 200hr Certification Program.
- Anatomy / Physiology: Understanding basic anatomy, terms of movement, body mechanics through the lens of Yoga
- Teaching Techniques: Every class students will teach each other in small groups to develop their voice and increase confidence. Our course also includes a mentorship, where the student observes and teaches in the same class every week for 16 weeks.
- Yoga Philosophy: The Yoga Sutras is the source text of Yoga and is the backbone of this course. The aim of Yoga is to create a calm, clear, stable mind that perceives the world clearly and makes good choices that leads to improved health and wellbeing.
- Yoga Therapy: Basic understanding of how to modify practices for clients with specific health issues / contraindications
- Sequencing: How to move the body safely and create a multi-layered practice in a group class setting
- Teaching to Specific Groups: Beginners, Children, Adolescents, Seniors, Students dealing with Addiction
- The Energetic Body: The Chakras, Understanding of Prana and Pranayama, Meditation, Mudras and Teaching Techniques
- Positive Psychology: The Science of Human Flourishing – evidence-based research of time-tested Yoga practices
- The Business of Yoga: Venues, Marketing, Career Opportunities, Developing a Private Practice
- Cleansing / Detoxification: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Ailments
- Ayurveda: The Sister Science of Yoga
- Meditation: Experiencing and teaching various types of mediation; which include guided visualizations, breath awareness meditations, mantra meditation, kirtan and many others
This course is open to practitioners of all levels who have a genuine desire to deepen their understanding of Yoga. We recommend that you have a minimum of 1-2 years of regular steady Yoga practice and are familiar with basic Yoga postures. You don’t have to have an advanced practice (being able to do headstands or arm balances) because as a Yoga teacher you will teach your students what you personally practice; whether it is gentle, restorative, vinyasa flow or life skills off the mat. Whether you aspire to become a Yoga teacher or simply want to learn more about Yoga, this is a program that will undoubtedly open your heart and move you forward on this path of transformation.
Future of Yoga
As Yoga becomes increasingly popular and more Yoga teachers enter the market, competition for Yoga studio classes will go up. We want all Yoga teachers to be able to develop successful and sustainable careers, taking care of themselves while dedicating their lives to these teachings. As Yoga Therapy emerges as the anecdote to our modern chronic disease epidemic, we will need highly trained Yoga teachers to meet the demands; which is why we focus on customized practices at every level of our trainings verses a one-size-fits-all Yoga routine; which creates a group fitness class model, limits employment opportunities and often times compromises the safety of the students.
To be completely honest, we’ve had quite a few teachers come to Be The Change and retake their 200-hour training with us because they only learned one set sequence from their first 200-hour training and were not provided the tools to adapt Yoga practices to varying levels of students.
Yoga Therapy is the new Yoga frontier and we are honored to lead the way by offering Orange County’s first Yoga Therapist Training Program. We not only seek to train Yoga teachers to work with various health conditions and essentially become wellness coaches but our priority is to empower them with the tools, programs, referral network to create successful careers and spread these teachings, making them readily available in hospitals, wellness centers, universities and treatment centers.
Each student will be paired with a mentor, who is a current teacher at Be The Change Yoga. The student is responsible for attending his/her mentor’s class each week for 16 weeks and learning firsthand from his/her mentor. Initially the student will be observing the class and taking notes but throughout the duration of the course, the student will gain practical experience, teaching various aspects of the class.
*If it is not your intention to become a Registered Yoga Instructor and are taking this program for your own personal practice, then the mentorship is not required.
Course tuition is $2950. Tuition includes 4 months of unlimited yoga at Be The Change.
Tuition consists of a $650 non-refundable registration fee to confirm your space. The remaining balance can be broken down into four monthly payments. If you pay the tuition in full, you will receive $100 off the total tuition price at the time of paid registration fee or the first day of class.
Please fill out an application first. We will review your application and then contact you. Upon acceptance, you can pay the registration fee.
- The school must refund all money paid if the applicant is not accepted. This includes instances when a starting class is canceled by the school.
- The school must refund all money paid minus the $650 registration fee if the applicant cancels within five business days (excluding Sundays and holidays) after the day the contract is signed or an initial payment is made, as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- If training is terminated by the trainee after the trainee enters classes, the school may retain the registration fee and all monthly tuition payments received until the date the trainee officially notifies Be The Change Yoga in writing that he / she will be withdrawing from the course.
- If training is terminated by the trainee after the trainee enters classes and has paid tuition in full, the school may retain the registration fee and all monthly tuition payments received until the date the trainee officially notifies Be The Change Yoga in writing that he / she will be withdrawing from the course. Any monthly tuition payments that have not yet been applied, can be refunded to trainee or used as credit for future 200hr trainings, minus a $200 administrative fee.
- If trainee withdraws from the 200hr training and seeks to re-enroll in a future 200hr YTT training at a later date, a $200 administrative fee will be required.
What Style of Yoga do we Teach?
SAFE – CREATIVE – LIFE CHANGING YOGA. We teach a mindful breath-centered flow practice that blends Vinyasa flow and therapeutic Viniyoga (moving in and out of postures before holding). We believe a Yoga practice should always be adapted to suit the needs of the student (s) and modifications should always be offered in a group class. We place a strong emphasis on safe and creative sequencing and taking time to prepare the body for deeper / advanced postures. We highly value the spiritual and philosophical aspects of Yoga and incorporate deeper meaning and intention into every practice. Students will gain experience in all levels of yoga from Restorative and Beginners to Power and advanced postures.
What Will You Gain From This Training?
- A deep understanding of Yogic philosophy and how to apply it to daily life.
- Tools for self-care including: cleansing/detoxification practices, nutritional guidelines, breath work, meditation, visualization etc.
- Tools to improve your relationships.
- Numerous practices to focus the mind; which in turn cultivates mental clarity and leads to positive decision-making skills.
- A strong understanding of Yoga anatomy, alignment and physiology.
- Learn how to craft safe and creative Yoga sequences.
- The ability to teach Yoga practices to students of all levels.
- The joy of sharing what you’ve learned with the people in your life.
Yoga as a Way of Life
We understand that Yoga is much more than just a physical practice. Yoga is a way of life and it is a practice of awareness. By becoming more aware of how we interact with the world, we can consciously create practices that help us to create the lives we desire. Thus Yoga is a practice of self-reflection and self-refinement. On the Yoga mat, we create new practices to improve our neuromuscular patterning and improve physical, mental and emotional health. Over time, we learn to take this awareness off the mat and consciously improve many other aspects of our lives. Such as: our relationships with friends and family, our methods of communication, our relationship with food, our careers etc, so that we can create happy, healthy and balanced lives.