- This event has passed.
4/6 Yoga Therapy for Digestion
April 6 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm$25
This Workshop is Open to All Students
Yoga Therapists work with students one-on-one to assist them in creating positive change in all aspects of life. Whether the student is experiencing a specific health condition such as physical, mental, or emotional discomfort, or is looking to upgrade outdated habits; a Yoga Therapist is equipped to develop customized practices to meet the students needs, achieve goals, and faithfully oversee the students progress as they move out of imbalance and towards a state of optimal health and joy. In effect, Yoga Therapists assess and treat the whole person and are considered lifestyle management experts!
- Understanding the importance of our “Agni” digestive fire and the roll it plays in our physical, energetic and emotional being.
- The Vagus Nerve – Simple techniques to improve tone and its importance to digestion.
- Breathing to tap into the parasympathetic nervous system of “rest and digest”.
- Poses that focus on the abdominal area and digestive organs.
- Stretching and twists that gently create natural movement and flow in areas that are either deplete or over stimulated to help restore balance.
- Saturday, April 6th
- 12:30 – 2:30 pm
- $25 pre-registration/$35 day of
Alexandra, Certified Usui Reiki Master / Master Teacher, Certified RYT 500 ERYT 200 Yoga Instructor, CNC – Certified Nutritional Consultant and IFHI- Fellow of the Institute for Human Individuality, Energy Healer & Meditation Instructor.
Alexandra believes that our Western society places a great emphasis towards treating illness and disease by means of pharmacology. “Where there are amazing lifesaving drugs, often we focus on the symptoms and not the root cause.
Alexandra’s focus is on self-healing and on using Reiki to maintain balance in one’s life.
In addition, Alexandra also works with clients one-on-one.