This Intensive is for Yoga Teachers – 200hr Certification Required
This weekend will offer you a deeper understanding of how a yoga teacher can confidently teach and support students who are identified with an injury. You will not only achieve more confidence but also learn the tools to help skillfully assess, support and teach to every student’s unique challenge. Injury Management for Yoga Instructors will give all who take it the inspiration and knowledge to better serve their own students in group and individual settings, as well as the entire community, spreading the awareness of compassionate care… Yoga.
Course Topics Include:
- Saturday and Sunday Yoga Therapy Practice with Pranayam for Instructors
- An active discussion about most frequently seen injuries in a yoga room
- Pain, stress and the Autonomic Nervous System
- An introduction to assessment tools (Pancha Maya Kosha Model, the Gunas, and Active Listening Techniques)
- How to teach students presenting with feet, ankles, knees and hip injuries; contraindications and modifications
- How to teach students presenting with neck, shoulders, elbows and wrists injuries; contraindications and modifications
- How to teach students presenting with back and spine injuries; contraindications and modification
This course qualifies for 10 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance for registered yoga teachers or can be applied towards Be The Change’s 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- Saturday 12/10/16 – 12:30-5:30pm
- Sunday 12/11/16 – 12:00-5:00pm
- $199 preregistration – $250 after 11/26/16
Megan McCarver’s advance trainings are comprised of a Master’s Degree in Marriage Family Counseling, Completion of Yoga Therapy Rx, a Certification from YogaWorks, E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance, and over 1008 hours of Formal Yoga Teacher Trainings and Self Care.
Her advance yoga education and experience in teaching Wellness and Yoga for Pain Management offers her talents to customize a program for the patients individualized goals. Megan co-founded Santa Monica Yoga in California in 1993 and is currently teaching at YogaWorks in Mission Viejo, CA. In addition, she is the Wellness Consultant at Orange County Pain and Wellness as well as seeing patients privatly at the Ayurvedic Garage in San Juan Capistrano.
– See more at: www.meganmccarver.com