- This event has passed.
9/17 FREE Intro to Yoga
September 17, 2016 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
This workshop is open to students of all levels and backgrounds
Are you curious about Yoga? Have you wanted to give it a try but felt too shy or maybe “not flexible enough” to go to a studio? Then this workshop is for you! Join our Be The Change Teachers for one or all of these sessions where they will discuss various aspects of Yoga, answer your questions, and lead you through a short, gentle Yoga practice. Wear comfortable, “work out type” clothing. Yoga mats are provided. Bring a friend – the more people practicing Yoga, the better!
- Benefits of Yoga and meditation
- Overview of a typical beginners Yoga class
- Brief history of Yoga and use of Sanskrit (the language of Yoga)
- Yoga studio etiquette
- Donation-based model
- Basic Yoga poses: safe alignment, options and modifications
- Class levels and what they mean.
- 9/10, 9/17, 10/22, 11/5, 11/12